Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Semester-Long Battle With Physics

It began with the chirp of a droid....
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Then there was homework...
MissleDefense.Problem
GREEN BOXES YAY!


And studio....
"OM NOM NOM NOM NOM"

And studying...

And the Kinematics Exam...I was stoked.
(I was actually nervous inside.)


My grade before the exam.

Then Lon-Capa's all:

And I'm like:

Then we started torque...
Awesome TA's are awesome.
And I started getting less and less sleep.

People needed help with homework on Sunday night...


and I fought on until the Torque Test.

And then we saw it. And were like:

My life is a failure and surely I got an F or G!


People were mad...
Yeah, we mad, bro.



Then I got the test back and Lon-Capa said

"How'd the test go?"




Then I was all 
Heck, yeah. I got this stuff.
I studied hard. Sometimes I needed help.


I knew I could do really well and get an A if I tried (and didn't sleep). So I woke up early the day of the test and went to 8a.m. studio.
"If you don't define a system or axes or write equations in their general forms,
you're gonna have a bad time."

I was wrong.

You know, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. 
And I had the worst luck for the Energy Test (stupid conceptual questions).
But upon further review, I shouldn't have had to rely on luck that much in the first place.
There were a few questions I had to make last second choices on. 

And when I woke up, I realized



It would now take a miracle to pull an A in physics.




I became angry and emotional.



Well, more angry and emotional than usual.
I got sad texts and awesome news from others. But I was stuck in the middle: the average, or right above it.
All week I went back and forth between wanting to try to ace the final so someone can make an inspirational movie about me or giving up and screwing physics and forgetting all the people that might want to study with me but focusing on other classes. I'm pretty sure I did a million calculations.

I still don't know what to do. 
But I'm proud. 

For: "I have fought the good fight, I have (nearly) finished the course, I have kept the faith." ~ II Timothy 4:7

And I only need a 35 on the final to keep my lovely B.