Friday, May 4, 2012

A Mile High, Miles Low, Fifty Billion Miles to Go

(I don't know, I just felt like adding this picture. Taken April 30 on a floor trip to the game.) 

Here, I am, mere days from completing my freshman year at Mines.

I'm in the midst of trying to ace the physics final. Long story. But yeah.
I should've started a week ago, except stupid homework got in the way. I don't even know if it's possible. But I'm sayin'....there's a chance.

So it's Dead Day.
Classes are done, everything's coming to an end.
I ran a mile in PA and didn't die, my NHV prof got us donuts, and everyone else gave us their speech of how great of a class we were. I made copies for the Athletics office for possibly the last time. Besides finals, I'm pretty much done being a freshman.

There's not enough time to try to get A's in my classes, and there's not enough time to end freshman year on a high note with my friends.
It's all coming to an end.

It's so weird.
We feel happy. But sad at the same time. A mile high, miles low. And then people complain about how stressed they are.

It's so weird.
Seniors are graduating.
We're getting older. But are reminded we have so much to go.
But it's coming quickly at the same time.

I'm so tired.
I'm sick of studying. Of staying up until three.
But I know I'll miss it- the late night digger den trips, the stories in between studying at three. The screw everything moments. The green box moments.
That's about it.
(I'm kidding.)

I'm so gonna die. So help us all this weekend.

Stuff for dead week. Brady's knee is seen in the background.