Friday, December 2, 2011

Finals Week Begins Now

 Here it is, the week we've all been waiting for. The week of mental breakdowns and physical sickness. Grades never mattered more in my life. All tremble and fear. I have one week to study- and it's not quite dead. But in 10 days, it'll all be over.
So I decided to do a mini-blog this week. Expect sporadic UPDATES in this post, updated below this text. Because I know you want to experience finals with me. 

UPDATE: Friday, December 02, 2011 1:00-1:50 p.m.
In Which I Postulate Everything is About Star Wars
(Notes taken in Earth Lecture)

Today- we learn about the Asteroid Belt. Prof. Duncan ruins everything and says there is no way Star Wars is right because asteroids are far apart. Wat! Next thing you know, he’ll say there are no such things as aliens. Oh, wait- he already did. 

Eros is a rotating asteroid. I think this is the one that has the creature inside that the Falcon landed on.
Undifferentiated asteroids, or planetesimal are the smaller ones. Like the kind the Millenium Falcon dodges through. Differentiated- larger one, like see above. Woulda become a planet. Huh. Ceres and Vesta are examples. 

NEOs are stuff that cross the earth’s orbit, and have the potential to kill a bunch of people and dinosaurs. AND OH NO COORS FIELD WOULD BE DESTROYED. 

Duncan says this crater that hit Arizona had a lot of Potential Energy in referring to its mass. Which is kinda WRONG- once it started going, it had a lot of KINETIC ENERGY too!
Huh. 

Well a while ago all the polar bears died in Siberia when a crater hit. Tunguska, Siberia. 

Chicxulub- THE ONE THAT KILLED T-REX.

Some dude that made shoes predicted comet impact.

TV IS BAD FOR YOU, PEOPLE!!!! A lady got hit by a meteorite!

DON’T GO TO SCHOOL EITHER!!!!

UPDATE: Saturday, December 03, 2011 6:20 p.m.
Studying while listening to awesome movie scores such as Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Return of the Jedi = win.
Thank you awesome friends for the awesome idea.


UPDATE: Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:51 p.m.
Working on my Math Worksheet in the library. I think it's stupid how we have a normal load of homework due. Mental stability: okay. Hours of sleep last night: okay.

UPDATE: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 1:16 a.m.
I'm awake. Trying to complete this Earth lab. EPICS report and board is finally done. It took me back to my high school days, procrastinating projects the day before. I didn't sleep very long last night, since I had to write the whole dang report. I'm not gonna sleep tonight either. I'm not stressed though. Getting my Calc test back was a huge confidence booster. Hopefully the A doesn't make me too confident. One week and I'll be home. One week.

UPDATE: Friday, December 09, 2011 2:13 a.m.
If you want to be technical about it, it's the day before finals start- DEAD DAY.
But I don't want to be technical so I'm gonna say it's still Thursday and I'm gonna tell you that today was a good day. I woke up from getting to bed at 4 all groggy, made my way to Slate to get some Cinnamon Toast Crunch, went to lunch right after to the Sherpa House restaurant with Sara and Jayden (which consisted of awesome Nepalese food and Jayden ordering yak), went to Calc with myself and only me (well one more student was there), watched crazy conspiracy theory youtubes with Jayden, made too much noise for "dead week quiet hours" (wut) and got into a nerf sword fight with our RA, went and studied Earth for a little bit, ate Slate for dinner, hung out for an hour with my blankie, started studying for the Chem final at 9 with Rebecca, Sara and Brady joined us, Brady wanted to Tebow so we did, Brandon joined us, and we studied Chem until 2. Woot.

Oh, and chocolate. And bad jokes.

Tomorrow is what it comes down to, almost. I have to actually study for Earth. Finish a little bit for Chem. Then kill Saturday.

UPDATE: Monday, December 12, 2011 1:18 p.m.
IT'S OVER!! AHHHH! I SURVIVED!!!!!

These past two weeks have been the most stressful weeks of my life. I've stayed up 'til 2-4 a.m. almost every night, getting homework done the first week and getting studying in the second. I've been calm about actual finals until 16 hours before, then freaked out, then did the tests and did okay, and on another hand, I've not freaked out at all about a different test, then opened it and thought,"what the heck?!". But I'm done. And the stressful preparation is done, including the stressful calculation of needed grades. I have four weeks before I have to worry about Calc II and Physics. I have four weeks of sleep and good food. Whew, it feels good. And I didn't even have to pull an all-nighter.