Sunday, December 1, 2013

Late Semester Blatherings

Lately I've had this feeling that I need to write something profound whenever I find the inspiration, time, and willpower to throw together a blog post because of the scarcity of said posts of late. But that is ridiculous. So here goes unprofoundness.

Well, it's November already, and the end of it at that December, wow. The amount of homework assignments and exams can fit on a decent list. Things are coming to an end, thank God. As much as I'm so ready to be done with this semester and any class with the word "Field" in it, I can honestly say that I've had the best time since freshman year. (Part of that may have to do with the lack of good time I had sophomore year, but whatever.)

Is it because we've finally attained respect for being a Junior? In past years, there were only torments of how it gets worse and how we should "just wait til Junior Year".

Is it because I've stopped caring? Possibly. And it's not like I don't care, because I do. I just care about stuff other than school more.

No, I think the reason is that we've finally built a strong community that's going to stick together until graduation. And I'm slightly biased when I say this, but I believe our class of 30-something geophysicists are the coolest class to ever have class in a while.

We all knew the day would come when we would have all the same classes together. We looked forward to the time when we would probably be learning real stuff about our major. And here it is, complete geophysics. Well, except math.

There are good things, there are bad things. Best of all is that the so-called "Junior Hell Year" is a week away from being halfway over. Woot.