Monday, December 3, 2012

Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up

Or, Ramblings of a Wreck

Late night. Everything due the next day, or this week. It seems like it will never end, but you can see the end. It's so close but so hard to get to...you try to fall asleep at 3 a.m. despite the noises. But when you do fall asleep, the nightmares come. Fears of failing, forgotten assignments and exams. 

It's okay. It's weird, but here it's normal. Exam day will come, Dead Week,  finals. 
It's make or break, do or die. If you care that much about grades, that is. But it's really just another month in the life. 

In a week, you'll be in a room filled with anxious students. Their hands on their heads pulling their hair out.  Breathing heavily trying to finish up the year. 

But for now, one day at a time. Go.
Remember:

You'll get through it. You always do.

Don't lose focus.

Isaiah 41:10  Fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Nobody said it was easy.

Some nights I wish this all would end...

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it." - A League of Their Own

Prov 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.

"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Isaiah 40:30,31: Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Nobody said it would be so hard.

I just want to go to bed. I'm not even that stressed, just tired as heck.

Romans 12:12: Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

"If you don't set goals high, you're not trying." -Todd Helton

Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Even if it doesn't work out, life goes on.

It'll all be over soon.

And don't give up. Never.